Reframing Punishment and Mental Health
November 13, 2022
Katie Saint, PhD, LPC, BCBA-D and Ashley Lyons, BCBA
Punishment and mental health have a bad rep, but we can change that with ABA! In this episode, Ashley and Katie get technical about stimulus equivalence and dive into relational frame theory to analyze how we can contribute to the positive relational framing of punishment and mental health diagnoses.
This episode counts as a CEU so if you are interested in obtaining credit for listening, please click this link and follow the instructions on the form.
CEU Learning Objectives:
- Define stimulus equivalence, the three types of stimulus-stimulus relations, and provide examples.
- Provide a basic definition and understanding of relational frame theory.
- Identify the relationship between stimulus equivalence and relational frame theory.
- Identify behaviors you can engage in to contribute to the positive relational framing of punishment and mental health diagnoses.
Follow us on Instagram and Facebook.
Resources mentioned in this episode:
- PEAK Relational Training System
- Learning RFT