Why in the Heck Should I Care About ACT Therapy?
February 27, 2022
Katie Saint, PhD, LPC, BCBA-D and Ashley Lyons, BCBA
What is ACT therapy and how can it help you become a more ethical and compassionate ABA therapist? Listen to Ashley and Katie nerd out about how much they love Acceptance and Commitment Therapy and share some experiences with it in their own lives.
This episode counts as 1.5 CEUs so if you are interested in obtaining credit for listening, please click this link and follow the instructions on the form.
CEU Learning Objectives:
- Identify why ACT Therapy is controversial in the field.
- Identify the 6 processes of ACT therapy.
- Be able to apply the 6 ACT processes to at least one aspect of your daily life.
Follow us on Instagram and Facebook.
Resources mentioned in this episode:
- Get out of your Mind and Into your Life
- Steven Hayes
- AIM (Accept. Identify. Move.)
- The Happiness Trap
Aussie Med Ed- Australian Medical Education
A uniquely Australian Podcast run in a relaxed fashion with the aim of reviewing varied...
Listen on: Apple Podcasts Spotify
(Cont.) Why in the Heck Should I Care About ACT Therapy?